American Spring Breaker dies upon arrival at the Cancun hospital


It was a strange case that occurred this Tuesday afternoon, in the beach area of ​​the Grand Oasis Hotel, according to the facts, they were not reported directly to 911, since paramedics from Life Support were requested, who were the ones who transferred the patient to the Hospiten, apparently without vital signs, after being dragged by the sea.

CANCÚN, Quintana Roo.- A 22-year-old from the United States became this afternoon the first tourist to die during the current “spring break” season in Cancun.

The death was recorded upon arrival at a private clinic after being transferred in serious condition after nearly drowning on the beach of hotel Oasis located at kilometer 16.5 of Kukulkan Avenue.

This is the first incident of this type recorded during the “Spring Break” holiday season, in which thousands of young students between 17 and 25 years of age arrive at this tourist destination.

Rescatan a joven canadiense de morir ahogada en Cancún

According to the first reports, the young woman was in the company of her boyfriend when the accident occurred, the hotel workers were the ones who took her out of the water and requested an ambulance.

Minutes later the medical unit arrived and the paramedics immediately provided her with pre-hospital care, later transferring her to the private clinic, however, according to the authorities, the tourist apparently arrived without vital signs.

Fallece turista en el hospital tras ser arrastrada por el fuerte oleaje en  playa de Cancún - La Palabra del Caribe - Periodismo con ética | Noticias  de Quintana Roo

An element of the Tourist Police arrived at the scene when they transferred the victim who was taken to an emergency and upon entering the private hospital they informed the corresponding authorities who only became aware of it.

Ministerial authorities will be in charge of said investigation since apparently there could have been some omission in the fact since the corresponding protocols should have been activated.

So far no one has given more information about what happened, because despite the incident the tourist police were not reported.

Later, the staff of Expert Services of the State Attorney General’s Office (FGE) arrived to take charge of the removal of the body.

The Cancun Post